Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Poem: For the Child Whose Mother Died

My friend told me that her sister died yesterday. She was only 30 yrs. old. She left behind her daughter, a cute little 5 yr. old girl. In consolation my friend told her niece that everything will be alright, she has an Angel for a Mommy. I wrote this poem for that 5 yr. old girl.

An Angel for a Mommy

My mommy’s deep love for me
Goes beyond the brightest star.
She keeps me as a treasure,
Like a moonbeam in a jar.
She whispers to me gently
When it’s hard to make a choice,
And guides me through decisions
With a calm and soothing voice.
Each day she stays close by me,
She is often at my side-
And though you might not see her,
I can feel her there abide.
At night, when I am sleeping,
I can feel her kiss my head-
Singing songs that angels sing
As I’m lying in my bed.
She tells me of the Savior
Says, “His name is Jesus Christ,”
Then whispers the sweet Story
Of the Greatest Sacrifice.
She says that He’s my Brother,
Because God’s His Father too.*
Once He lived upon the earth
Just the same as me and you.
But He was pure and perfect,
And He showed us how to live;
To love and serve my neighbor,
How to pray and to forgive.
When the final hour had come
And He drank the bitter cup;
He paid the ransom for us
That we might be lifted up.
I know my mother’s spirit
Shines bright and still lives on.
Even though here in this life
It might seem like she is gone.
But death is not forever-
Just remember Him who came.
My mommy is my angel
Who I know I’ll see again.

By- Alicia

* “Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”
- John 20:15 – 17 KJV

No comments: