Friday, November 23, 2007

Pencil Drawing of Jesus Christ Praying to Our Father in Heaven


http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChristianFineArt
I was inspired to do this sketch one day after studying two different accouts in the Bible:John, chapter 17, where Christ offers the great intercessory prayer and in Luke 22:39-44 when He prays in the Garden of Gethsemane just before Judas betrayed Him. When I read these I could feel the passion that Jesus felt as He cried out to God the Father for all of us.I know our Savior loves us so much. I can't explain it but I feel it. The tears in this sketch are born of a love that is bigger than the universe and spans across eternity. He is praying for us to let Him into our lives, into our hearts. If you choose to let Him in... your life will be sweeter, you will love greater, you will see clearer, He will make more out of you and your life than you could ever dream of. I know it's true. It's happened to me... and it continues each day as I decide to let Him in, as I decide to follow His teachings and live by His example... amazing things happen.A wise man once said that anything that Christ touches lives. Another wise man once said that when you put God first in your life, then everything (that should be there) will fall into place or drop out (if it doesn't belong). I love my Savior. I know He lived and died for me. I testify that He lives again and He has provided a way for each of us to overcome death physically and death spiritually (sin). He taught us to pray. Throughout His ministry there are many records of Him praying to His Father... who is also our Father (see John 20:17.) In the Lord's Prayer Jesus taught us to pray to our Father in Heaven. I know we are God's children (see Romans 8:16) (Acts 17:29).


I love my children with a love that only a mother or father could understand. I can't explain it. (I am sure that is one reason why Adam and Eve were commanded to have children.... so they could understand God's love a little better.)
I know there is nothing in this world my children could do that would make me stop loving them. They may cause me great sorrow or disappointment some day... but my love for them is endless and always will be. So when the scriptures tell us that we are God's children... that is no small thing... think about it... I am imperfect and my children mean everything to me. The God of this huge, vast and amazing universe... who is perfect, who is the most powerful being... loves YOU. He always has, He always does and He always will.... because that's the way a Fathers love goes. You mean everything to Him! Doesn't that give you hope?! God sent His Son Jesus Christ as the old testament prophesied He would... and just like the pure, unblemished, sacrificial lamb, Christ lay down His life willingly on the altar to pay the price of death and sin so we could return to live with God our Father again.


"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) He wants to give us everything... in fact... He wants to give us all that He has! And all He requires of us is to believe in Christ and pattern our lives after His, to keep His commandments.... and the blessings that come from this are astounding.


Learn of Jesus Christ. Study His teachings, His life and His example, live by His word every day... His word is the "bread of life"...feast on this and you will never hunger... through our Savior we may be whole and complete. I am so thankful for Him, for His reality. I know He lives and loves us deeper and greater than our hearts have capacity to feel. Thanks for letting me share this with you.
To view more of my artwork visit: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChristianFineArt

9 comments:

dboyd said...

I just came across your drawing of Christ, while searching for pencil sketches. I was very moved, and would love to have a print. How can I get one?

dboyd said...

Hi Alicia,
Sorry to bombard you with comments. I'm so excited to have finally found a pencil drawing of Christ that I connect with. I'm moving to Israel in about a month, so I'm in a bit of a rush. Is there an different process I should be using to order a print? Thanks so much!

Alicia said...

Sorry it took me so long to answer this but I just saw your comment today.
If you give me an address to mail it to, I will give you an 8x10 or 4x6 for free. Is it this sketch that you want? The one of Christ praying?

Mindy said...

I am helping my Aunt put together a gift for all of her young women. How do I go about getting copies of the image or can I copy it off of the internet so I can insert it into the project?

Alicia said...

Mindy
If you want to print it straight from my blog here that is fine... I think the image on my website has a watermark so this one on my blog would print better. I really don't care about making any money off my sketch. My pay back is being able to see it touch lives. So maybe you could let me know how it goes.

The copy right is enforced when people try to sell my art or take credit for it.

Thank you for your interest in it.

dboyd said...

I responded to your email, but I realized that it was a "non-reply" address, after sending it. I'm pretty sure it didn't work. I would love to get an 8X10 of your sketch of Christ. My address is PSC 98 Box 36, APO AE 09830. Thanks! Dawn Boyd

Alicia said...

Hello Dawn,
I will mail out a picture to the address given sometime within the next week. If I sent you a couple of extra would you give them to some friends for me? This is my way of sharing my testimony.

Anonymous said...

Your pencil sketches of Jesus are excellant, expecially the ones showing Him with children. However, you see=m to be following the path of virtually all artists dating back to the 18th century. You always picture Him as a white anglo saxon. Of course, our Savior and Lord was a Jewish man, likely with a broader nose and a slightly swarthy complexion. As a man learned in the Law, He would also likely have had a fuller beard, beginning at each temple. I have never accepted Jesus as meek and mild. He was tender, compassionate and empathetic, to be sure, but He was also tough as nails when He had to be. When He pronounced His "woes" on the religious leaders, He cared deeply about them (agapeo), but He didn't love them (fileo). Think about Revelation 1 when you sketch Him.

rghaasjr said...

Hi Alicia,
Just came across you sketch. It is wonderful.
My wife & I are missionaries in Russia and are printing the book "Praying Effectively for the Lost", by Lee Thomas. Would you be open to us using your art on the cover?
I think it is a perfect fit!
Thank you,
Rawie Haas