Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grateful

I wish I was good at expressing my heart with words....but I'm not gifted at speaking or at writing. If it weren't for "spell check" you'd see how bad I am at spelling too. I often feel like I have so much in my heart and I don't know how to adequately express it all.

I am so thankful for the talents of others who share their testimony through music, through art or through beautiful words. I need their talents to find expression for myself.

I may not be gifted at writing or speaking... even my artwork is amateur too. I wish I could find some way of truly sharing how blessed I feel....


For me to say "I feel so incredibly blessed" just doesn't seem like enough though.... and I just don't know how else to say it...

When I think of my Father in Heaven, when I think of His Son, Jesus Christ and His grace, when I think of this glorious plan of salvation and look at the beauty surrounding me, when I think of God's miracles big and small and how He has heard and answered so many of my prayers, countless prayers answered so perfectly, when I think of how God speaks to Prophets and Apostles today, when I think of the temple and the blessings there, when I think of the power of the scriptures, when I think of all the amazing things my children teach me.... I feel like falling to my knees with gratitude. I can't help but cry. He loves me, He loves me, He loves me!! I know God is the Father of my spirit, that He is so loving, so patient, so merciful to me. Do you ever just look around and feel so consumed with gratitude that you feel like shouting with joy for all you have? Miracles happen all the time. God is so aware of the fine details of our lives and He cares so deeply. I know this, I have witnessed it for myself.
Trust. Have Faith. Believe. Keep Going.

"And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God?
And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children;
nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things....
And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father! Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?
And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.
And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul. ."
-Nephi 11: 16-17, 21-23

2 comments:

kunthan said...

Every Thing At Your Feet

hello nice work keep up the great work..keep gooing..rockkk.. ing....

chcek out mine and how do you feal..pls..


Every Thing At Your Feet

Shawie said...

That's very profound post! You're one true soul:) It's really uplifting to read your post and it sounded like music to me:) very beautiful and charming words of gratitude!
I had fears, doubts sometimes but when I think of all God's creations... I can only see myself bending my knees for gratitude, for things unimaginable that God had shared with me:)