Monday, March 2, 2009

MUST WATCH VIDEO!!

Chris Rice is the original songwriter to "Cry to Jesus." This version is performed by Kenneth Cope. It is so, so very good. I just wanted to share it with all my friends and everyone else in the world! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7IwPj2-kY

Many lessons I have had lately in Sunday school, sacrament meeting and through my own personal scripture study keep pointing to the principle of repentance. I believe it is a principle that often causes us to fear because we focus on what happens if we don't. Repentance is something I must do everyday because I sin everyday or make mistakes every day... and if there is a day I can't think of something I should repent of... then I should probably repent of that.

Repentance doesn't have to be feared. It leads us to rest in the Lord, to His peace. I want to focus on what happens when we DO repent-
God bless you my friends!

"And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth" D&C 18:13

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" -Acts 3:19

"turn yourselves, and live" - Ezekiel 18:32

"whosoever repenteth, and hardeneth not his heart, he shall have claim on mercy through mine Only Begotten Son, unto a remission of his sins; and these shall enter into my rest." Alma 12:34

Repentance = a change of mind, i.e., a fresh view about God, about oneself, and about the world….turning of the heart and will to God, and a renunciation of sin to which we are naturally inclined….Without this there can be no progress in the things of the soul’s salvation… Repentance is not optional for salvation; it is a commandment of God.

Salvation = preserving from harm or unpleasantness, deliverance from evil or danger, deliverance from the guilt and the pollution of sin through Jesus Christ.

No comments: