Friday, March 6, 2009

The Pride of India!

I am so excited for my two little friends! Today and yesterday I went to watch Arub and Lamis compete in the schools Spelling Bee.

Arub just turned 9 and is in the forth grade. Yesterday she competed against all the 10, 11 and 12 year olds and took FIRST PLACE! Yay! Arub!

Lamis is in my daughter's kindergarten class and today she was the only 5yr old competing against all the 6, 7, 8, and 9 yr. olds. She took THIRD PLACE! She was amazing!
I'm so proud of my little friends! I made them some cookies to celebrate.
In this picture Arub is the one on the bottom left and Lamis is next to her in the yellow shirt. Aren't they just beautiful girls! I call them my little princesses.

This picture includes my very good friend, Meher. She is Lamis and Arub's mother. I just love her! She is such an awesome person! She is such a good example to me. I just love her!

This is Lamis and Arub's father, Mujahead, and grandpa, Muhammed. I miss their grandfather, he flew back to India in February. He was so kind to us and is just a wonderful man.

This whole family is the pride of India. I have just fallen in love with the Country because of them. Now if I had the opportunity to go anywhere in the world... anywhere... it would be INDIA!
Allah Hafis!! (God take care of you!!)

3 comments:

Tony said...

That is so cool! I went with the missionaries recently to teach an indian family...and I just fell in love with them! Their culture, their music, just awesome!

Alicia said...

I bet the missionaries really appreciate you.

Anderton Family said...

Randy just recently got back from a trip to India. He loved it and the culture. He showed me tonz of pictures he took. He has some on Facebook if your on there.