Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Way

I have a testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know He is God's Son and through His atoning sacrifice, I can return to my Father in Heaven. He testify's of God, He directs me to my Father and teaches me to pray to Him, to trust in Him. He shows me the Love that my Father has for me through His life, example, sacrifice and triumph. He He is my truest, and greatest Friend, He redeems me from my inward hell, He gives me strength to face each day with gratitude, He sets me free!!



Painting by, Walter Rane


The other day, while I was driving in my car, I was listening to Conference from last October and listened to this talk by Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge of the Seventy, "The Way." I wanted to share some parts of it:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . .
“In him was life; and the life was the light of men.”
1

He said,

“I am Alpha and Omega, Christ the Lord; yea, even I am he, the beginning and the end, the Redeemer of the world.”2

He said,

“Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”3

He said,
“I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.”4

He said,
“I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”5

He said,
“I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: “And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.”6

He said,
“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”7
Jesus Christ is the Way.


He is Light and Life, Bread and Water, the Beginning and the End, the Resurrection and the Life, the Savior of the world, the Truth, and the Way.

"Worth of a Soul" by, Liz Lemon Swindle


“We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.”10 The plan of the Father was implemented by the Son that we may have the Spirit of the Holy Ghost. The way of the Father is the way of the Son. He said, “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”11

One of the most popular and attractive philosophies of men is to live life your own way, do your own thing, be yourself, don’t let others tell you what to do. But the Lord said, “I am the way.”16 He said, “Follow me.”17 He said, “What manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am.”18

No institution, plan, program, or system ever conceived by men has access to the redeeming and transforming power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the gift of the Holy Ghost. Therefore, while the Lord’s invitation to follow Him is the highest of all, it is also achievable by everyone, not because we are able, but because He is, and because He can make us able too. “We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind [everyone, living and dead] may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.”20

The Lord’s way is not hard. Life is hard, not the gospel. “There is an opposition in all things,”21 everywhere, for everyone. Life is hard for all of us, but life is also simple. We have only two choices.22 We can either follow the Lord and be endowed with His power and have peace, light, strength, knowledge, confidence, love, and joy, or we can go some other way, any other way, whatever other way, and go it alone—without His support, without His power, without guidance, in darkness, turmoil, doubt, grief, and despair. And I ask, which way is easier?

He said,
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; . . . and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
“For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
23

Life is hard, but life is simple. Get on the path and never, ever give up. You never give up. You just keep on going. You don’t quit, and you will make it.

There is only one way to happiness and fulfillment.
Jesus Christ is the Way.

1 comment:

Rae said...

I was thinking today:

Would you rather have a comprimised life with Christ or a perfect one without Him?
I would rather have the Lord- and the unshakeable faith of the poor.

Good blog. Is there some way I could contact you. I would love to find out more about your beliefs...if you don't mind.