Friday, May 15, 2009

Formula for Success

This is a quote I heard years ago & it's one of my many favorites.
Lately, it's been running through my mind again and again, like a broken record.
So I thought maybe I should share it:
"First, fill your mind with truth;
second, fill your life with service;
and third, fill your heart with love."
- President Thomas S. Monson

I also like this poem by Louisa May Alcott, author of Little Women:

"I do not ask for any crown
But that which all may win;
Nor try to conquer any world
Except the one within."

2 comments:

Tony said...

Thank you for such wonderful words of wisdom.

Hope all is well!
Be sure to check out my music blog Celestial Voices if you get a chance! I just recently updated it :)

Shawie said...

those thoughts are very profound, Alicia:)) I really liked the second one: "conquering oneself" and that is just the hardest part specially if you're dealing with the demons in your head but of course, we always have a choice:)) to always choose God and love in every words tand actions...God bless us always!