Saturday, January 30, 2010

Heavy Laden

Painting by: Greg Olsen
I am so exhausted from this past week, I don't think I have much strength left to do any more. In between momhood, schooling, apartment managing, laundry, dishes and caring for some friends who are ill... I feel very, very "heavy laden."
I'm thankful for the comfort and peace I find in the scriptures and in the Spirit. I will cast my burden on the Lord and trust in the beautiful enabling power of His Grace. I don't need to be perfect I just need to follow Him who is perfect. I find hope knowing that He will make up the difference for all that I lack. I know that in His strength I can do all that He requires of me.


"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." - Matt. 11:28


"Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find rest to their souls." - Alma 37:34


"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." - Galatians 6:9


"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." - Doctrine and Covenants 64:33

No comments: