Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
-
This afternoon, after I taught a class at the studio,
Christian took the girls camping, and Minnie and I had our own
little mommy-daughter evening together...
1 week ago


2 comments:
Hi Alicia
I read the notes on this meeting and I think that it is great. I hope real soon that people will come together because of their common belief in God and love for him.In Sunday school we have studied about the tower of Babel and how the Lord confounded their one common language.As these people were eventually scattered and dispersed around the world new belief systems emergerd and new languages. I assume because they could not communicate with each other they forgot how to serve God. They probably forgot the sacred ordinances. Lets fast -forward to today. So many religions, doctrines, etc.For some reason each religion is treated like a sports team complete with banners,"church colors",competitions.Where is the love for the father in all of this. It's not a competition to see who's church is the biggest, has the most members,etc.
In the scriptures;James1:27 says:
27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the(vices of the) world.
So take away all of the stuff and what you have is Love and Service.
Same as the Savior.
It's so true Ramona. Thank you for sharing James 1:27 too. That is one of my favorite scriptures. It reminds me of Matt 7:20 and Gal 5:22.
There is so much common ground we can share with other Christians.
.... what a waste time to fight against each other, make pamphlets to prove each other wrong or dedicate a whole sermon to tearing down another sect. I wonder the same thing, "Where is the love of the Father in all this?"
Why not rather work together in unison to protect the same morals and values we share because we are Christian.
I am proud to say that in my Church I have never once heard a sermon or ever seen any pamphlets produced to tear down another faith.
This is why I am so proud to see the Catholics and our Church finding common ground and working together. This is what it's all about.
God bless you Ramona and thanks for your lovely comment!
Post a Comment