Friday, November 16, 2007

Our Trip to Jerusalem

My husband and I had the awesome privilege of visiting the Holy Land this year. Our friend got us some buddy passes for an extremely, low, low cost... like 90% off!!! It was the chance of a lifetime. We are so thankful for his generosity and we had a great time with him there. Thanks Nate!!!

Me and my husband standing in the Garden of Gethsemane where Christ prayed and the Atonement began, where He bled from every pore and took upon Himself all the sin, the pain, and the sufferings of this world.










Calvary's Hill, also known as Golgotha. The place where my Savior was Crucified, where the Atonement was continued, where Christ said "It is finished" and “Father, into thy hands I commend my Spirit.” (John 19:30) (Luke 23:46)


The Garden Tomb. The place where Christ was buried and 3 days later rose again. After Christ's resurrection, the Atonement was then complete! There is a sign on the tomb that reads "He is not here, but is risen!" As we stood inside the empty tomb, me, my husband, and my friend Nathan sang the hymn, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives." What an awesome experience!





Me standing on Herod's tower, overlooking Old Jerusalem. What an amazing place!



View some of my sketches of Jesus Christ visit: http://aliciarawlins.com/

1 comment:

sharon said...

Beautiful pictures! Wow! You are one lucky women to have gone to Jerusalem. That is one of my dreams, and some day I will recieve that same blessing.