Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Judging

This poem I quote the Author, Eliza R. Snow:
"Once I said unto another,
In thine eye there is a mote;
If thou are a friend . a brother.
Hold, and let me pull it out.
But I could not see it fairly,
For my sight was very dim;
When I came to search more clearly,
In my eye there was a beam.
If I love my brother dearer,
And his mote I would erase,
Then the light should shine the clearer.
For the eye's a tender place.
Others I have oft reproved,
For an object like a mote;
Now I wish this beam removed,
Oh, that tears would wash it out!
Charity and love are healing,
These will give the clearest sight;
When I saw my brother's failing,
I was not exactly right.
Now I'll take no further trouble,
Jesus' love is all my theme;
Little motes are but a bubble,
When I think upon the beam."
- Eliza R. Snow

No comments: