Sunday, February 24, 2008

How Great the Wisdom and the Love

Today I had been feeling a little down on myself for some of the stupid things I do. Sometimes I beat myself up for feeling crabby or grumpy..... and then it only makes me feel more crabby and grumpy.... hmmm... imagine that!

The good news is that during Sacrament meeting at Church today, we sang this Hymn that I've sung many times before.... but this time it was especially meaningful because I had such a heavy heart. After singing the words to this beautiful hymn I felt the peace that comes through knowing I have a Savior who loves me inspite of all my flaws. He has paid the price and I don't have to be discouraged because of the flesh. He has overcome and He is merciful. And He will help me to overcome my weaknesses, my sins, my flaws as I keep my eyes on Him, have faith in Him (true faith that leads me to repentance of all my sin), and trust in Him.

"How Great the Wisdom and the Love"
- Hymn #195 - Text by Eliza R. Snow 1804-1887

"How great the wisdom and the love
That filled the courts on high
And sent the Savior from above
To suffer, bleed, and die!

His precious blood He freely spilt;
His life He freely gave,
A sinless sacrifice for guilt,
A dying world to save.

By strict obedience Jesus won
The prize with glory rife:
"Thy will, O God, not mine be done,"
Adorned his mortal life.

He marked the path and led the way,
And every point defines
To light and life and endless day
Where God's full presence shines.

In memory of the broken flesh
We eat the broken bread
And witness with the cup, afresh,
Our faith in Christ, our Head.

How great, how glorious, how complete
Redemtion's grand design,
Where justice, love, and mercy meet
In harmony divine!"

- Hymn #195 - Text by Eliza R. Snow 1804-1887

No comments: