Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Most Amazing Treasure!

If I could have a face to face conversation with you... If I could look into your eyes and share with you my heart, it would be my desire to tell you about this wonderful, most amazing treasure I have found:

This treasure has blessed me with hope, peace, comfort, happiness, knowledge, wisdom, direction, guidance, truth, goodness, purity, love and much, much more.

This treasure is priceless to me and the more I am able to share it, the greater my joy is in this wonderful gift.... because I see it expand and grow like a fruitful field, blessing the lives of countless others. I want to share it with the world.

This is my Treasure:

I know that God lives. I know that He is the Father of my Spirit, that I lived with him before I was born on this earth.(See: King James Version- Jeremiah 1:5, Acts 17:28, Romans 8:16). I know that we all have a purpose in this life. As any loving Father would, Godhas not sent us into this world to grope around in the dark, not knowing which way to go... He, our Father in Heaven, has provided a way to return to Him. He has provided a Redeemer, a Savior, His Only Begotten Son in the flesh, to Atone for our sins and also conquer physical death. (St. John 3:16-17)

He has provided prophets, like Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, Isaiah, Peter, James, John and Paul.... All of which held the Melchizedek Priesthood and were ordained by those in authority to bestow it. He has also provided Prophets, just as He did in ancient times, again on the earth, to be a clear voice to give correct guidance and instruction in a world of uncertainty. We have today a living Prophet of God, President Thomas S. Monson. We have 12 Apostles as Christ did anciently, as special witnesses of Him and His divine mission. We have the Priesthood on the earth today. I know this to be true.

I also know with all of my heart and every bit of my soul that the Book of Mormon is truly another Testament of Jesus Christ. I have read it completely many, many times as I have also the New Testament in the Bible. It compliments, clarifies, sustains and witnesses to the Bible and is a perfect companion to it. It testifies of Jesus Christ, that He is our Savior and that only in and through Him can we be saved. (See: atonement)

Christ taught, "in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established." - Matt 18:16

From The Book of Mormon introduction page it reads:

"The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible. It is a record of God’s dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas and contains, as does the Bible, the fulness of the everlasting gospel."

"The book was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation. Their words, written on gold plates, were quoted and abridged by a prophet-historian named Mormon. The record gives an account of two great civilizations. One came from Jerusalem in 600 B.C., and afterward separated into two nations, known as the Nephites and the Lamanites. The other came much earlier when the Lord confounded the tongues at the Tower of Babel. This group is known as the Jaredites. After thousands of years, all were destroyed except the Lamanites, and they are the principal ancestors of the American Indians."

"The crowning event recorded in the Book of Mormon is the personal ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ among the Nephites soon after his resurrection. It puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come."

I know that the Book of Mormon is true, I have no doubt and because I know this... I also know that Joseph Smith must have translated it by the gift and power of God, that He indeed was a true prophet called to restore the fullness of the Everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I believe in the power of prayer. I know that if we are searching for answers, searching to know if God is real, to know what is true and what is not, to know right from wrong, and what our purpose is or which directions to take in life- the first thing to do is...ask God. (See James 1:5)Go to where you can be alone and address Him as, "Father" tell Him what is on your mind, and talk to Him like a good friend. (It doesn't have to be eloquent or fancy in words.... just be yourself and open up to Him.) Then close your prayer, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

There is so much in my heart, It would take me forever to tell you everything. But these are the basics. To sum it all up, this is what I find to be the greatest, most amazing treasure I have or could ever share with anyone. No matter what your beliefs are, where you are from, your background or history, I hope you are able to glean something from this treasure of mine.

To request a Free Copy of the Book of Mormon and/ or Holy Bible - go to the bottom of the page on this link: http://mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/basic-beliefs/the-restoration-of-truth/god-is-your-loving-heavenly-father

God bless you.
Alicia

No comments: