Wednesday, April 23, 2008

She's one of my Angels.

My Aunt Ruth sent me this picture of my Grandma, Bertha Elizabeth. She passed away 50 yrs. ago... she was only about 35... which means she was only 5 yrs. older than I am now. She left behind 5 children, my dad was the oldest... he was 9 when she died.


My Grandma, ("Bert") is the one on the left with her little sister, Ruth (my Aunt), on the right.
I want to thank my Aunt Ruth for this picture. I will be among my greatest treasures. I am grateful for the contact I have with her. I know her big sister would be pleased about our correspondence.

I don't know much about my Grandma.... but I feel like I know her.... I also feel like she knows me, very well. I believe she watches over me. I have felt her spirit many, many times throughout my life. I know she watches over me. Someday, I will see her and we will be reunited.... I will hug her the way I would hug a very dear friend who I haven't seen in a long, long time. We will cry, we will talk, we will laugh... it will be a very wonderful reunion that I look forward to with great anticipation.


It's comforting to know that this life is not all there is. Death is not the end. There is a divine purpose and plan for our life here on earth. I know we have a loving Father in Heaven who is the Father of our Spirits. Jesus Christ, is His perfect Son, Whom He sent to earth to teach us the way to return, to set an example for how we should live our lives, to redeem us from sin and from death, so we could return to our Father in Heaven. We are all God's children. He is as real as you and me. He is anxious to bless us and to be involved in our lives.... and so are all of those loved ones who have passed away before us. It's a wonderful thing!

God bless you,
Alicia

No comments: