Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Comfort Through Scriptures

"Before all else fails, read the instructions." (See Mosiah 1:6-7)

These past few days have been a little overwhelming. I'm just getting comfortable in this area and it's a little hard to think about starting over in a new place.... again. This will be the 5th time we've moved in the 9yrs. we've been married.

It's going to be hard with my husband working full-time and going to school full-time. I worry about him getting burned out. He can't stand being away from me and the kids. He's such a good daddy, it will be hard without him home. I just need to endure a few years and then his schooling will be over before I know it.

I know it will all work out though. We have fasted and prayed about this and have felt the wittness of the Spirit so many times guiding us to this point, and confirming to our hearts and minds that it's the right decision.

Last Thursday I had the privilege of attending a dinner/fireside where a beautiful couple spoke about the experiences they've had in their lives and some really difficult trials. They both testified so firmly that God lives and hears and answers our prayers. They testified of God's Son, Jesus Christ, and how if we build and pattern our lives after His teachings we can be assured of His grace, His enabling power. Where we are weak, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ can make us strong through the power of the Holy Ghost.

They quoted one of my favorite scriptures:

"12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." - Helelman 5:12

This scripture has been playing over and over in my mind for some time. I am so thankful for the scriptures and the peace, perspective and comfort they give me.

I don't know what the future holds....

But I know Who holds the future.



God bless you,

Alicia


No comments: