Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Eyes of Truth


I listened to a talk by President Monson the other night and he quoted the second poem I have posted here. I loved it!! Wow it is so amazingly true! This first poem is just another one I found that I think goes perfectly well with the second. It is so humbling for me to read such truths. I plead and pray for the Lord to help me see my brother through the eyes of truth, to focus on the good and to have the beam removed out of my eyes so I can see clearly.

God Bless You!

Alicia


R.L. Stevenson who once said:
"There is so much good in the worst of us,
And so much bad in the best of us,
That it ill-behoves any one of us,
To find any fault with the rest of us,"

Bolton Hall once remarked:
"I looked at my Brother
with the Microscope of Criticism,
And I said: "How coarse my Brother is!"
I looked at him through the
Telescope of Scorn
And I said: "How small my Brother is!"
Then I looked in the Mirror of Truth
And I said: "How like me my Brother is"

No comments: