Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Laid Off

My husband got laid off yesterday. We officially have zero income. It's humbling. We are going forward with faith. I know the Lord is aware of our needs and we will have sufficient. We feel very blessed because we have a little savings and no debt. We all have our health and we have each other. I think this is a perfect time for my husband to be going to school because we can still get grants that will help pay for that.

I realize we are one of the many, many people facing this dilemma. I am so grateful that we have the Gospel to give us peace and direction. The Lord provided manna in the wilderness for the Israelites... I know he will take care of us. He may not bless us with money but I know he can bless us with wisdom. All will be well. I will put my trust (my investment) in the Lord.

6 comments:

Jenelle said...

That's horrible! I am so sorry. You sure are taking it well. I don't think I would be anywhere near as calm as you are if that happened to us. But then again, Steve does always say that I worry enough for the both of us all of the time. Let me know if you need anything. And now that I am better, we'll have to go do something. Like sledding cuz it's fun and free!

The Bronson Bunch said...

I totally know what you are going through! It has been tough this year already. Thanks heaven's we pay our tithing is all I can say! I am sure things will turn out for you and your family.

Spencer said...

Oh, no! If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. I'll keep you in my prayers. Love you cuz!

Spencer said...

Just realized I'm logged in as spencer - it's actually me, Anne. SOrry!

Tony said...

Hang in there! Your faith will be rewarded...my own family has gone through this. I admire your courage and will pray for you and your family, Alicia. May God Bless You :)

Alicia said...

Thank you all of you for your prayers. I have found so much comfort in the talks from last general conference... I know that "the best is yet to come" and "the Father of us all is watching and assisting." Love,
Alicia