Friday, March 27, 2009

My Roots

This is the "Cushing Coat of Arms" from my moms side of the family. "Virtute et Numine"(by Valor and Divine aid)

I've decided to start searching my roots. I have designated Fridays as "Family History Friday @ Five"..... I know it's sorta cheesy sounding but it helps me remember that this is the time I am going to dedicate to coming to know my ancestry. So every Friday at 5:00am this is what I'm going to be doing. I actually had so much fun that I ended up working on it for 3 hours. Hmmm this could be addicting. I found a website this morning through my dad's side of the family... It's called parkerheritage.com (You can find my profile there.) This is so exciting for me!

And on my mom's side of the family... if I go back far enough... I am related to Vikings. Arggg!

3 comments:

Shawie said...

wow! I think that's a cool thing to do, Alice:) I imagined it's addicting, might check that website as well...
thanks for sharing:)

Jenelle said...

I am the Family History Consultant in my ward and I love it! I get to work at the Family History Library in Lehi once a week so if you ever need some help, I'd be willing to help you! Just not at 5 in the morning, my dear friend. ;)

Alicia said...

Heeey Janelle,
How the heck are ya? I am always glad when you surprise me with a visit. Hope all is well with you and your family. ((Hugs))!!