Thursday, March 26, 2009

One of my favorites

Today I have been thinking of one of my favorite Hymns. I guess it's been running through my mind alot lately.

I have had a few days where depression has tried to drag me down but I am thankful it has only dragged me to my knees in supplication to my Father. As I pray to God and seek His Spirit to comfort me and help me see more clearly myself and others, I feel Him answer and guide me so tenderly. I am am so thankful for the tender mercies of the Lord and the quiet whisperings of the Spirit. I know God lives. I know Jesus Christ is His Son and that the Atonement is real and saves me. I am so incredibly thankful for prayer! I am so incredibly thankful for my Savior!!

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He profers me.
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,
That for me a sinner, He suffered He bled and died.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That He should extend His great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
I think of His hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
By- Charles H. Gabriel, 1856- 1932

2 comments:

Anderton Family said...

That's definately one of my favorite hymns too!

Shawie said...

oh, that's very profound poem... it really takes a deeper understanding to fathom such wisdom:)
hope you continue to cling on God and may our faith will increase as we trust ourselves to Him more and more:)