Monday, January 18, 2010

To Honor Martin Luther King Jr.

Let's make this a day of service, a day of forgiving others, a day of kindness and pure Christian love toward all people. Let's show our honor for this great American by putting our differences behind us, letting go of hatred and losing ourselves in the service of our Lord as Martin Luther King Jr. examplified so beautifully throughout his life.
Martin Luther King Jr. was a man of God! He was a true Christian in every way, a great example for all of us to follow. We would all benefit by living by his inspired words.

"Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love." - Martin Luther King Jr.


"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." - Martin Luther King Jr.


"If we are to go forward, we must go back and rediscover those precious values -- that all reality hinges on moral foundations and that all reality has spiritual control." - Martin Luther King Jr.


"Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true." - Martin Luther King Jr.


"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him." - Martin Luther King Jr.


"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King Jr.

4 comments:

RGG said...

Thank you for this beautiful tribute. I was 8 years old when Dr King was assiasinated. I remember my mother crying, my father was crying. I remember them leaving to go church that day for a prayer vigil. The more I learn of our Heavenly Fathers plan for us, the more I can testify that there are no coincidences;every event, every life, has meaning and purpose.He was a witness for the cause of Christ.

Alicia said...

Thank you RGG for your beautiful comment. I couldn't have put it better myself. I know MLK was placed where he was to fullfil a great mission that I believe he was divinely appointed to.

Thanks for visiting, come again. and May God bless you!!

Bubalita said...

Hi, You have a very interesting site, I would like your opinion about judaism, could you please give me your opinion in my blog?

Here is my blog:

http://www.bubalita-ezrasgirl.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much, and have a wonderful day!!!

Alicia said...

Hi Bubalita,
Thanks for visiting! Sure I'll come by your blog. Your survey of opinions from many different people sounds interesting.
Have a great day too!