Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beauty is...

When I was in my late teens my family had a wonderful couple for hometeachers, Brother and Sister Anderson. They were an older couple, probably in their late 70's. They always had a sparkle in their eyes and a smile on their face(I called it perma-grin). They were filled to the brim with gratitude for everyone and everything around them. I never heard a disparaging remark come out of their mouth. They spoke freely about God, His mercy and blessings. Their testimony of the Savior was not just in word but in the choices they made every day of their lives. They were a beautiful example of charity and oneness in marriage and of Christlike love for everyone. They shined so bright! I loved to be around them and glean from their wisdom.

About five years ago, I saw Brother Anderson in the temple...His physical health had declined for he needed to constantly be on oxygen and he carried a cane but he still had that strong and vibrant spirit... he hugged me and gave his regards to my family. His eyes shined as bright as ever and he still had that warmth of spirit that could soften any frozen heart.

I will never forget this wonderful couple! What an impression they made on me... they helped me see what true beauty is!

2 comments:

RGG said...

Thank you Alicia
This post is like a breath of fresh air, a bite into an orange.Its an a-ha moment. Thank you for this,it will help me to continue to keep everything in proper perspective.
Ramona

Alicia said...

Ramona,
Thanks so much for your comment. I look forward to them and appreciate your visit here. May the Lord bless you!