Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tender Mercies


This past week, answers to prayers have been pouring down on me like refreshing rain. One of the miracles is something I've been praying for a very long time.
I feel like shouting hallelujah!!

In a recent post, I shared a story about a neighbor of mine that had been treating me very rudely for well over a year. Just last week I decided to do a neighborhood BBQ and I made a special invitation to her. I sincerely wanted her to come but didn't expect her to show up because she hadn't shown up to any previous invitations. But to my surprise she came.... not only did she come but we had a friendly conversation too! I felt so relieved. I don't know what exactly softened her heart towards me and I still don't know why she was so rude to me in the first place. I'm just so thankful that things are better now! I am so thankful for the healing that is taking place between us.

"I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are available to all of us and that the Redeemer of Israel is eager to bestow such gifts upon us."- Elder David A. Bednar Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

4 comments:

6L's said...

i'm so happy for you!

Alicia said...

Thanks 6L's. I guess it was in the Lords timing. I'm so thankful for the freedom and peace that comes from forgiving others!

RGG said...

Hi Alicia
I am so glad that you and your friend have reconciled.Thank you for stopping by.
Guess what,to forgive with love is a gift of the atonement. Forgiveness with love is a gift of the atonement.
Let love rule.
Happy Easter Alica
Ramona

Alicia said...

Thanks Ramona!