Friday, November 5, 2010

During Turbulence


I was praying this morning for the Lord to help me know what I needed to do to improve my home environment, to reduce the stress level with my family and enjoy the relationships that matter most to me. During the prayer I recalled this last conference a message, "slow down during turbulence." I got up from my prayer and pulled up the talk on my computer. This is exactly what I needed to hear. "Of the Things That Matter Most"

I love the part where he talks about the 4 fundamental relationships. I needed these "reminders".

One thing I know for certain is that I make alot more mistakes or do a lot more regrettable things when I try to speed up during turbulent times. I get impatient and want problems solved immediately and therefore respond without being prayerful or sensitive to the spirit.

Sometimes the turbulence I face is completely avoidable... it comes from overcomplicating my life, when I try to solve simple problems in a web of distractions I have spun for myself.

So I think the message for me today is when I start to get overwhelmed or discouraged I need to slow down, evaluate the situation, be prayerful and clear away the distractions so I can more readily feel the Spirit and see things as "they really are and as they really will be".

No comments: