Monday, September 26, 2011

Rod and Staff


I've been thinking a lot lately about the power that comes from daily scripture study and the blessing it is to have living prophets and apostles of God on the earth today. I am thankful to be led by those who have been given by succession direct authority to bless and perform ordinances in the name of Christ.

As I was reading this morning and as I thought of what a blessing the scriptures and words of the Prophet's are I recalled this Psalm:


4 Yea, though I awalk through the bvalley of the cshadow ofddeath, I will fear no eevil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they fcomfort me. -Psalms 23:4

We learn that the rod is the word of God, the words of Jesus Christ. And if you look up "staff" in the dictionary it says "a symbol of office or authority." It's another way of describing power through the Priesthood (God's authority given to man to administer in His name on the earth).

When I insert these definitions in the Psalm above I find a greater perspective and dimension to where true comfort is found.

No comments: