Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Is it ok if I just vent today?!

Shhhh. Let them sleep. They just need a nap, or a time-out... or they're hungry and tired and could use a nice long, warm bath.... but mostly they need a nap. I'm not talking about kids.... I'm talking about MOTHERS.

Normally I like to share things that are inspiring and uplifting to others. Today I'm not so sure that I could call this post "inspiring."

Today has been so overwhelmingly difficult with my kids and I am ready to explode. My kids are on year-round school and they have been off track for almost three weeks. Off track means no school... no school in the middle of the fridged winter with no money means my creative juices are all gone by the third week and I am drained!!!! Today they have done nothing but fight, scream, make messes, climb the walls and complain!!! They are driving me CRAZY! So, for their safety and my sanity, I have tucked myself in a little corner of the house and am wearing ear plugs.

I'm using my blog to vent this time.... I know it's not very uplifting but.... do you mind if I just SCREAM? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Breathe. Breathe. Breath. Now say to myself, "I love my kids. I love my kids. I love my kids. I don't want to kill them. I don't want to kill them. I don't want to kill them."

My mother-in-law is so awesome. She must be inspired. She called to offer to babysit tonight so my husband and I could have some time away from the kids. Oh, I love that woman. THANK YOU. My father-in-law is coming to help babysit too. Now I just need to endure the children for a couple more hours... I think I can make it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel... and I don't think it's cuz my children are killing me, so this is good.

How is it that these beautiful little children of mine, who have given me so much joy and fullfilment in my life, give me days that are a living hell? OH how I love them. I think that it's BECAUSE I LOVE them that days like this hurt so much.

Tonight, I will have some time off (thanks to my in-laws who are a God-send). I will get some good rest tonight and tomorrow I will feel much better. Awww. I feel better already.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Children are best when they are sleeping. I go and look at the boys everynight before I go to bed and remind myself that "I can do this tomorrow" The balls of energy have stoped moving for a small while, and so I can just sit on there bed and be happy that they are mine.