Saturday, March 15, 2008

Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah

My heart is full and I feel very humbled. I watched a powerful movie last night called, "Emmanuel's Gift." If you have never seen this movie I recomend you go find it and watch it as soon as you can. You will see your life very differently after this!




Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah grew up a disabled orphan from Ghana. He rose above poverty and severe physical, enviromental and cultural challenges to become in my mind one of the greatest hero's of this Century... not just because he overcame these increadible odds for his own life but because he lives to inspire, help and encourage others to rise to the greatness within themselves too and contribute their own gifts back into society.


He is a true Hero! He is beautiful, absolutely beautiful! This man is completely inspired by God and a gift from heaven to the whole world. His story has touched my life!
I've created a link to Emmanuel's website where you can donate or find out information to help the disabled and encourage you to visit here. http://www.eefsa.com/
"The ultimate measure of a man or woman is not where he or she stands in moments of comfort and convienience; It's where they stand in times of challenges and controversy." - His Majesty, Osagyefuo Amoatio Ofori- (Akyem Abuakwa Kingdom in Africa)
Another man featured briefly in this movie is Jim MacLaren http://www.jimmaclaren.com/
Go visit his website and see his amazing story too. I can't believe the courage and perserverance of Jim MacLaren... What a beautiful, inspiring and increadible man.
Man! I have such a cushy life! And what am I doing with all that I am given? What do I complain about? Man Alive! this just puts my tiny little problems into a whole new light!
There are events and circumstances we all experience in our life we could label as a "tradgedy" or as a "gift." It's up to us what we will make of it.
This morning I read in John chapter 9:1-3 and it was the perfect follow-up to watching this movie.And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
This was not a curse from heaven brought upon the man born blind.... he was born blind that the works of God should be made manifest in him. In a way his blindness was a gift not just to him but to the world for generations to come. It's all how you look at it.
Now what am I going to do with the gifts I've been given? I am grateful for the stories such as these that "open my eyes" and help me to see where I've been blind.
God bless you my friends!
Alicia





No comments: