Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bring on the Jr. Leagues


We started my son on a Jr. basketball team. We thought he could use a positive way to release some of his ENERGY!! Plus, I think it does alot to help build his self confidence. He's a great kid and it was so fun to see him play.


Two of my other kids were getting bored of the game. They wanted to be in it, not watch it! I gave my daughter paper to draw on to keep herself busy (I think it's a picture of a bird?... muscle man?...no it couldn't be a muscle man.... hmmm.... a plane?... oh well it kept her busy anyway.) In the background you can see my son trying to entertain himself by rocking himself in his little sisters car seat... (the baby isn't in it of course) doesn't take much to entertain my kids!! gotta love them.


A little "action" shot. I love how these Jr. leagues are more like a free-for-all.


This picture is proof that putting your kids in sports and having the family there to cheer them on helps build confidence. Look at that proud smile on my sons face.

4 comments:

Shawn said...

Awesome!! Sports are so fun at this age! It's not too competitive yet, and the kids just enjoy getting out and having fun. Not to mention, the treat that comes after the game! Way to go big C!!

Tony said...

That is great! There isn't a better sport to play in then basketball, in my opinion. That's great that they can get involved...and what a shot in that video! He's a lucky kid to have a mom like you :D

Alicia said...

Shawn!! It's great to hear from you again! I hope things are going well with you and your family. I'd love to be able to view your blog too. Either that or shoot me an email with some recent pics of the fam. I've never seen any pictures of your 3rd.

...and Tony thanks for the compliment. Somedays I think he deserves a much better mom, one who knows more of what she's doing. But I find hope through the Atonement, thank goodness I don't have to be a "perfect" mom, to recieve God's strength... infact... it's my imperfection that qualifies me for His strength I need.

McCulloughFam said...

Holy smokes, where's Chandler getting his height?? I love it, love it! They are getting SO big. You all are always in my heart...