Friday, February 6, 2009

I Want...

A friend of mine shared this with me. I just love it! What's really important, eh?!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed,
and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails...
...I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

7 comments:

sandy said...

That's perfect!

I came by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the group:0)

angi_b72 said...

Wonderful post!! Stopping by from SITS welcome wagon to greet you!!

greedygrace said...

What a great quote! I totally agree!

Welcome to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

Joy said...

Welcome to SITS - it is so nice to have you join us. :o)

Rachael said...

that is a great picture! and perfect for the quote.

welcome to SITS, we are so glad you joined!

Eudea-Mamia said...

So true!!! And so wonderful. Thanks for posting this.

Welcome to SiTS! Em

Eudea-Mamia said...

Oh Alicia - you're funny (in regards to the PKU video). They actually do make a PKU PeaNOT Butter - but my oldest is highly allergic to peanuts, and the product contains traecs.

Oh you, we're all kind of food messed up around our parts - Em