Thursday, February 12, 2009

Our Beloved African Sisters

I was driving in my van today listening to a talk by Sheri Dew. She said the following about our beautiful sisters in Africa. I just wanted to add my thanks for their amazing example of true Christians!! I love my sisters everywhere!! Little do they know how they have touched my life.

"Two months ago I was in Africa, and the images of our beautiful African sisters are still vivid in my heart and mind. Their countenances reflect the image of Christ. When they pray, they pray. It's as though they reach right through the veil and talk to a trusted Friend."

"And despite severe temporal challenges, they are happy. By the world's measure, they have nothing-except happiness. By contrast, many of us have everything-except happiness."

"Their optimism springs from a bedrock faith in Jesus Christ, to whom they have given their hearts. I've found myself wondering who the Lord is most concerned about-those whose temporal challenges are extreme but whose hearts are fixed on Him, or those who have more things of this world but who haven't offered their whole souls unto Him (Omni 1:26). Hunger may be a problem in Africa, but our sisters there aren't starving spiritually."- Excerpt from a talk by Sheri Dew, BYU Women's Conference 2000

1 comment:

Rhea said...

Very nice message.

I'm part of the SITS Welcome Wagon! I've been a member since last summer, and I've read so many fun blogs and met so many amazing women through SITS. Welcome aboard!