Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Faith to walk the lonely road"...

I have been loving every minute of General Conference today, it is never long enough. I have been fed with the Spirit of the Lord and mmmm it is sooo good!

I loved every single talk and I loved the hymn "Consider the Lillies of the Field"... it has always been one of my very favorites!

The closing hymn "My Redeemer Lives" gave my heart much comfort. I love this entire hymn but the last line is what inspired me most, "give me... the faith to walk the lonely road." This struck me deep.

My husband and I have received numberless confirmations through fasting, study and prayer that he needs to finish his education right now. I have absolutely no doubt that we have been Divinely guided to where we are in our circumstances at this time.... but sometimes I feel like this journey with my husband in school is a VERY LONELY road..... he is gone so much!!... but with the light of my Savior to guide me, the sting of my loneliness is taken away through Christ and I can bear my burdens cheerfully, knowing this is the Lord's will right now. I am often tired and fatigued with all I am trying to carry but I am grateful for the REST in my Savior.

" I know that my Redeemer lives,
Triumphant Savior, Son of God,
Victorious over pain and death,
My King, my Leader, and my Lord.

He lives, my one sure rock of faith,
The one bright hope of men on earth,
The beacon to a better way,
The light beyond the veil of death.

Oh, give me thy sweet Spirit still,
The peace that comes alone from thee,
The faith to walk the lonely road
That leads to thine eternity."

By, Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment:

Rae said...

this is nice. I am often inspired by music too. I love seeing a verse in the Bible ansd having it inspire me also.