Saturday, December 5, 2009

Psalms 31:24

One of my ultimate favorite scriptures is found in Psalms 31:24 "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."

I remember when I was in High School I saw a beautiful video about the life, love and sacrifice of my Savior, Jesus Christ. This scripture from Psalms flashed across the screen and I felt the truthfulness of this speak to my heart with such force. The spirit bore such a powerful witness to me then. I still feel the wonderful truth of this verse when I read it today.

I know that as I seek the Lord through diligent prayer, sincere and humble heartfelt prayer... He is faithful in answering. Sometimes it's not always the answer that I want but His ways are not my ways. He is aware of my needs, fears, insecurities, trials, my failings, my triumphs, my efforts, my desires and so on. He delights to bless each of us, He is anxious to answer our prayers, to direct our paths.... He wants us to call on Him, to knock, to ask, to pray, to hear, to receive....

One more scripture I love is found in the Book of Mormon...

2 Nephi 25:23&26
For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do

And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.

I am forever thankful for the hope and strength that comes from my Father in Heaven through His precious Son, Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the peace and hope I find in His word and His Spirit. He gives me strength beyond my own and comforts my heart.

God Bless you!
Alicia

1 comment:

Tony said...

God Bless You. Thank you for a wonderful post and a wonderful reminder of the Lord's goodness.