Monday, June 27, 2011

Missing my man!

3 weeks down and 5 more to go!! I've survived the first three weeks my husband has been gone on his internship in D.C. and it's gone surprisingly well. I've had lots of support from family and friends which has made all the difference. I miss him like crazy.
Without him around to hang out with in the evenings I've been putting some time into my art (which I have'nt done for a very, very long time.) It really feels good to draw again... I didn't realize how much I missed it. This is my latest work. I'm a little rusty but I'll get back into it with some practice, I think.

5 comments:

MEK said...

I like that you are doing your art work again. You are SUCH and amazing artist!!

6L's said...

this is GORGEOUS!!! and i love the quote on it too. you are so talented! very awesome to have some time to work on your talents. my hubby just left for a week today and the kids are already missing him. we live in a military town so i always am grateful i don't have to do a year without him! hang in there and enjoy your quiet evenings. :)

Alicia said...

Thanks ladies,
Your comments renew my zeal to keep trying with my art. The competition among other artists out there intimidates me. I'm glad you both like it. :D

6L's sounds like you can relate with me the difficulty of being a "single mom" w/ 4 kids! You hang in there too, I'm cheering for ya :)

kam said...

Alicia! Your talent astounds me. ASTOUNDS me!! :) I hope that the time flies by and your husband is home again before you know it. Until then...I'll just enjoy the art you create in his absence. :) Take care my friend!

Alicia said...

I just have to say, "Kambree is SO COOL!" Miss ya :)